Scrolling in table when IE and Firefox

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b257da430>

We got one issue with IE and Firefox when table don’t have default height.

We don’t have height as default, because we want table to get bigger and want to use scrollbar in browser. When we have many rows, keep mouse over table, using mouse scroll - nothing happen in IE and Firefox. If we using Chrome, scroll is ok when we keep mouse over table. If we move mouse outside of table and use scroll on mouse, then is ok and page is scrolling.

Do anyone have this kind of issue and have advice for solution?

Hi @arve

Can you share the Handsontable and its parent CSS settings?

I made this example:

JSFiddle

I hope this example can help.

Thank you very much for sharing the issue @arve

I have replicated the issue.
It has to be related to this one https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/4320
I will send you an update as soon as this issue will be reviewed (is planned for the next week).

Hi again. Any more status on my issue for scrolling in IE and Firefox?

Hi @arve

sorry for a lack of contact. One of our developers has checked the bug report but was not able to find a quick fix. It looks like the issue has to wait for a solid fix (not a workaround). Next week I will be able to ask for a review but I am not sure if we will be able to schedule a longer dev-window that 2 days so if it will take more time I might wait until March.
I will update you on the subject as soon as I get any helpful information.

Hi @arve

I think that the issue you’ve reported is partly fixed. Can you check if you are able to scroll using 0.36.0 version when height is fixed?

Hi again. Thanks for reply. If you read my first description of issue, then I am telling we dont use fixed height for our table. We want to use browsers scrolling - not within table. Our table shall grow without vertical scrolling in table. This makes it easier for our users to keep overview of contents.

I have tested before with fixed height of table in IE and Firefox, and that will make table scroll with mouse. As I told before we don’t want fixed height.

Yes, I know, sorry. It was just for testing purposes.
We are testing some approaches and devices. I will try to schedule the task for another week but I will keep you updated on the subject as soon as anything changes.

Hi!

the issue that we’ve discussed is closed and fixed in version PRO 1.18.0/CE 0.38.0.
If you would have any issues with the code after updating please create a new ticket or contact me at support@handsontable.com