Number cells locale formatting

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f13606397a8>

Hey,

I’m trying to implement the locale settings for numbering format on the angular wrapper.

I found on your docs page that in order to apply a specific currency culture format to a column I’m supposed to specify it in column settings like:

numericFormat: {
        pattern: '0,0.00 $',
        culture: 'de-DE' // use this for EUR (German),
        // more cultures available on http://numbrojs.com/languages.html
    }

The problem is that even after importing the language files. I can’t manage to use the european syntax for currency (coma as decimal separator, period as thousands separator and euro symbol as suffix)

I can’t provide a demo because on the fiddle, I actually get the correct visualizzation.
Provided that, I believe that I have a problem with imports.
I tried importing the language file both from your site and from my local installation in node_modules, and I tried putting it as script in HTML, importing it in my component, placing it in index.html as global import, importing it in my local module, importing it in my app module, but none of them worked.

I saw a simmilar thread where you advise using a custom renderer to adress the issue (Number formatting), but adding a custom render may degrade the performance of the grid since I already had issues with custom handlers for cells and columns. (the whole grid rerenders after a value update causing it to be very clunky) (Angular wrapper performance issues)

I also read the numbro docs on custom formats trying to replicate the one I need, but I can’t specify the separators for thousands and decimals in their api.

Could you please tell me if I did some of the imports wrong?

Stefan

Hey Stefan,

I think that this might be the issue. I will surely be able to tell more with a code sample, but as this works well in JSFiddle it should be a matter of resources being called at the right time.