Problem with fixedColumnsLeft when set to 0

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1da78f78>

Hello,

I’m working with spreadsheet where we can change the number of frozen columns on a separate dialog. There was no issue in setting the fixedColumnsLeft with value > 0.
However, when changing the value to 0, the spreadsheet is breaking.
I used updateSettings() to apply changes.

Hi @karlytebia

could you add a missing logic to my demo https://jsfiddle.net/6Lcd3yam/2/? I’ve created an example with

• fixedColumnsLeft
  • nestedHeaders
  • dropdownMenu

but couldn’t replicate the issue.

Hi Aleksandra,

Thanks for the example. It seems that my Handsontable version is the culprit. With your latest version, 12.1 there was no problem updating the frozen columns. I encountered the issue in version 7.4.2. Way beyond the latest.

I’ll see what I can do. Looking at the change logs, I can’t upgrade the version just yet.

Thanks again.

I see. Without the exact number of version that solved the issue in your application I would not be able to specify what steps can be made to solve the issue. Even if you’d be able to add lines of code that solved the issue it might cause other issues and deprive your ability to update to a newer version in the future.

Hi @karlytebia

I am closing this thread as there are no updates. But please contact us at support@handsontable.com if you still have any issues regarding the subject.