Value get erased automatically,when typing

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f135f6345d8>

yes.i want to stop showing the old value on the cells.any ways are there.
put the value to the particular cell, without moving to anyother cells,u make click on the cell.

Can you share a input/output draft?

draft means.what u need exactly

I do not know what you would like to get inside the table (exact cells) when I change the 0,0 cell from A1 to xyz

issue:
if i was trying to type a new value on that cell ,it erased that and suddenly popped the old value.
so i need to give a new value again.

you want to overwrite the 0,0 cell after user types something in it? What do you want there to appear?

yes, exactly i want to overwrite the cell.when user enter a new value,i need to get the new value for my calculation.if i try to give a new value it automatically erase that and stay with their old value.

Here is an example that may help http://jsfiddle.net/handsoncode/r6pakgc7/
It is not the same as yours but shows you how to change the value automatically for the same cell that has been changed by the user

yah,thats fine.but if i trying to enter a value on the cell.the old value get popped(it erased the typing value and old value came).how can i rectify that.

Hi @user123

do you test the cell 0, 0? It should change all the values with Hello!

yah, i checked those things.In there,how can i put new value(user typed value).it checks the condition and putting hello!.my need also like that only.it satisfy my need. but the user not able to type on that cell.if they tried to enter automatically value got erased and old value came.
for example,
please assume, In (0,0) cell already existing value is “0”.i will trying to give “Hello”. when i am typing “Hello” tit get erased and “0” get popped. so the getdataatcell get the data “0” again. so the result shows “Hello!”. but the expected result is “Hello”. I guess, now u can able to understand my problem.

what do you click to get back to 0? If I start typing it will always return Hello! no matter if I use enter, delete or click elsewhere.

Maybe you can record it?

when i start typing it getting changed without give enter ,click or anything else.

It should replace the value when you are editing a cell.

Here’s is Chrome 69/ Windows 10

for me it doesn’t replace the new value.sometimes it got erased and get the old value.
any possible ways are there to take a updated cell value from the particular cell in handsontable.

Can you tell me how to get the same behavior? I need to replicate it to fix it.

any possible ways are there to take a updated cell value from the particular cell in handsontable.

You can use afterChange hook to get the old and a new value. Here is a demo with the afterChange hook in action http://jsfiddle.net/handsoncode/1ffp5kan/
If you type anything else than Y as a starting letter for the value in the D column the first letter will be replaced with Y.

thats fine @aleksandra_budnik. but in my code, if i entered the value in cell,the event get triggered and call the function before the new value getting updated in handsontable memory.this is the issue.

I guess that I would need to see the application to understand how it works and how to help you. Are you able to share a demo in JSFIddle? Only the crucial part that we are talking about. You can use fake data if it’s confidential.

ok i will prepare and let u know.
thank you