Accessibility Support for Hands on table

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b18f8ea30>

Hi,

Do we have support for accessibility for handsontable?
tab focus is not working for handsontable.
when can we get this feature with developing update?

Hi @martin.barbosa

here’s https://docs.handsontable.com/pro/1.8.0/Options.html#tabMoves a list of TAB behaviors. Which one of those does not work as expected?

Also please share your OS/Browser settings

Hi ,

In Handson Grid when Jaws is on we are able to read the Hands On Grid headers content but visually focus doesn’t shows at headers but its reading the handson grid headers.
we are unable to read the HandsOn Grid cells data in Jaws and focus also not moving when tab or Cntl+alt+right arrow.Please help us out to resolve the isssue.

Thanks…

Hi @martin.barbosa
Can you share a JSFiddle/JSBin demo where this issue can be replicable? I will see what can be done to fix it.

Please find the below link

https://jsfiddle.net/Divya102014/azu8a9qz/17/

tab focus is not coming to Hands on Headers and Handson
Grid cells when Jaws is On.

Thanks for sharing additional information. I misunderstood the subject. Currently Handsontable does not correspond to tabindex at all.

I will mark this topic as an improvement suggestion. It will be much easier to navigate with this functionality.

Hi ,
thanks a lot for the quick updates.

You’re welcome.

If there’s anything else that we should know about please create a new ticket or add a comment.

Have a great day Martin!

Hi, Was there any progress made so that handsontable work for screen readers/tab index? We are in a situation that table should be readable and navigate using arrow keys.

Hi @krish

I am sorry but I do not see any related changes.

Ok sure

What’s the current state of standard accessibility support (e.g., blind persons) for Hands On Table?

Hi @john.quinn

Regarding the accessibility support, recently we introduced support for RTL and improved keyboard navigation along with adding Shortcut Manager. You can read more about those changes here: