All rows to be shrinked

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efc6d890290>

I had a problem with HandsOnTable row height shrinking… If the text is longer then it is expanding the row height cells… But I don’t wanna increase the height instead it should be fixed value and if user want they can expand and see the details… I have tried rowHeights method also it is not working in my case… I’m using version 9.0.2… I have shared below images for your reference and in remarks column the values are more that’s why it is increasing row height… But I don’t need that… can you give me some idea to resolve this issue guys?

Hi @rameshpandiram

I’ll do my best to help with a demo. I need to ask some questions. Please correct me if I’m wrong

• you’d like to have a fixed height of a row (that is one line of text)
  • you’d like to have a predefined width for columns (each column can have a different width)
  • if there will be more content than what is within the fixed width x height area you’d like the user to perform an action to see the rest of the next: if so, what action should that be? Possible options: cell with have a comment with the full text, there will in a scroll in the cell, showing the full text on edit.

yeah I need to make row height as fixed at the same time column width for cell also should be fixed… while dragging alone it should expand for the user… I have seen your another response for " Reduce height of row with large data" which is giving correct solution but the column width is getting increased while we are truncated and “text-overflow: ellipsis;” you suggested that by this way we can achieve but still I couldn’t able to achieve… I’ll share my code if possible can you suggest some idea over there?

Here’s one of the options: https://jsfiddle.net/x3faqe5w/. In this option, the text is cut on both sides (vertically and horizontally). The user can see the whole text when they edit the cell (double-click it). Would that meet your requirements?

This is the method I have tried which is not working for me

Could you please explain why it does not work? Do you get any errors in the console?