[GH-DEV #1888] Autofill/copy and paste operations causing table layout disruption

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f136004bad0> #<Tag:0x00007f136004b7b0>

Hi,
In handsontable v14.1.0, Under certain “Autofill” or paste operations, empty whitespace appears on the right side of the right-most column which causes table position disruption.

Steps to reproduce using the below JSFiddle link:

1. Scroll all the way to the right-most side of the table
  2. Select one or more rows by clicking on their row headers
  3. Copy the rows to the clipboard (CTRL/CMD + C)
  4. Paste the data (CTRL/CMD + V) – either in place over existing row selection or to new/blank rows below.
  5. Observe the whitespace that appears on the right side.

Additional note: The issue does not appear to manifest if we disable the autoColumSize option and fix the column widths (e.g… colWidths: 100 ). However, our business need is to keep using autoColumSize as present.

LINK: https://jsfiddle.net/Blakeyg/1cjrdqzk/2/

We are an existing customer and this is creating issues in our live product environment. It would be great if this could be fixed.
Please refer the attached image

Thanks

Thank you for sharing the issue. It might be related to the second one you reported.

I will investigate them both.

It seems that this issue is not a regression. I tested versions as old as 8.4.0 and it works the same.

Here https://jsfiddle.net/1xoube5s/3/ is a simplified demo.

It seems that the length of the column header is the cause of the issue. When we scroll, and the viewport changes, the issue is replicable. When we force all of the columns to load (with viewportColumnRenderingOffset or renderAllColumns) this issue is not replicable.

I reported it internally and will come back to you as soon as we have updates on the subject.

Reference

Hi @aleksandra_budnik
Thanks for suggesting the workaround but viewportColumnRenderingOffset or renderAllColumns options impacting our performance.
Just wanted to know what is the ETA & Can we also have link of GitHub to track the progress?
Thanks

This issue is reported internally. But I created a notification to inform you when we have a pull request (that is public). So then you’ll be able to check the PR from the creation to the merge and then get my another notification after the release.