#bad-value# checkbox cell value when pasted empty value

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0afe59bd10>

Hi, I have problem similar to what is being mentioned in this issue: Checkbox #badvalue when pasted with empty data, when I copy-paste an empty row, the checkbox cell value changes into #bad-value#

35%20PM

I followed the solution of using skipColumnOnPaste, but in my case I have another column after the checkbox column. When the columns are skipped, the corresponding values are being pasted in the subsequent columns, refer to the image, the last 2 rows are copy-pasted from first 2 rows and the checkbox values of Accepted column is being pasted in the comment column

57%20PM

• Is there a better way to solve the #bad-value# problem instead of skipping the values, since I want the users to copy-paste the checkbox value and expect the table to handle the case when the copied row has empty / null value in checkbox cell

• If not, is there a way I can ignore completely the columns being pasted rather than skipped, i.e the values for the columns that are marked to be skipped do not carry over to rest of the columns following the skipped ones

Hi @santhoshnarme

Could you the list of scenarios that you would like to cover? What is in the checkbox (label on/off); column type; the number of columns per paste. Generally, a checkbox cell type accepts only booleans or whatever it has been given in the template so if you paste any other data it has to show an error.

It seems that we have already covered all the bug-related cases to pasting of checkboxes beside the use of minSpareRows https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/4554

I have already discussed this issue.
Actually, checkbox type will accept null value, but not undefined. Perhaps because of something like: if( value === null ) …
There are many recommendations that null and undefined should be treated the same in most cases.