Comment box doesn't appear on every cell

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b198147e0>

Hi! I have trouble upgrating from 7.0.3 to 8.2.0. On one of the pages we have the context menu enabled with options to add comment and delete it. After the upgrade the comment box doesn’t open on every cell. I can’t seem to find a pattern when it does and when it doesn’t. Also on the cell that the comment box does appear if the cursor is outside the comment box it’s closed automaticaly.

EDIT: No errors whatsoever in the console. Just nothing happens :frowning:

Hi @slavozar.vargulev

The first thing that comes to my mind is to check if those elements appear in the DOM. They might be hidden or moved outside the viewport. It may happen if any external CSS changed the CSS settings of elements of Handsontable.

Also, a video/screen recording or a demo where this issue can be replicable would be helpful as this issue is not replicable using our latest comments demo https://handsontable.com/docs/8.3.2/demo-comments_.html

Hi, @aleksandra_budnik!

Yep, that was my first suggestion also, about the css, but unfortunately that’s not the case.
When observing the html element which contains the comments, I can see that it’s not updated at all - display is set to none, and the position is not updated. ( I am speaking for the element with className - ‘htComments’)

Can you give me an email or somewhere where I can show you a video of the issue?

Sure, please send to support@handsontable.com

Done.