CopyPasteEnabled missing from hiddencolumns setting

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b28c9e310>

Hello,
I am using handsontable in Angular and while using hiddencolumnsplugin, I came across a setting in your documentation that interested me : CopyPasteEnabled. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to use it as I get an error at launch:
error TS2322: Type ‘{ copyPasteEnabled: false; }’ is not assignable to type ‘boolean | Settings’.
Object literal may only specify known properties, and ‘copyPasteEnabled’ does not exist in type ‘Settings’.

104 copyPasteEnabled: false,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

node_modules/handsontable/handsontable.d.ts:1664:5
1664 hiddenColumns?: boolean | hiddenColumns.Settings;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The expected type comes from property ‘hiddenColumns’ which is declared here on type ‘GridSettings’

I am using handsontable version 10.0.0.
There’s no sign of the setting in handsontable.d.ts :

Is it not implemented yet ?

Thanks for your help.
V

Hi @renaud.bellotto

Thank you for reporting it.

Yes, you are right. We have this option visible in the documentation but the .ts definition is missing.
I’ve created a bug report on our Github board https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/8850 and will notify you once we add it.

Thank you, I’ll wait for the update then.

Hi,
I saw that the github board got migrated to a zenhub board which I don’t have access to.
Do you have any information regarding this issue ?
Thanks !

Hi @renaud.bellotto

That’s correct, the decision was made to move all of the tasks to ZenHub. Currently it’s under discussion on how to outside users we’ll be able to access it. I’ll update you once the decision is made.

Hi !
For anyone wondering : there seems to be a workaround by simply casting the configuration to the existing type :

import { Settings as ForcedHiddenColumnsSettings } from 'handsontable/plugins/hiddenColumns';
      hiddenColumns: {
        copyPasteEnabled: false,
      } as ForcedHiddenColumnsSettings,
1 Like

Hi @renaud.bellotto

Thank you for the workaround. It’s a good solution until we fix it on our side.

Hi @renaud.bellotto

I am happy to announce that this issue is fixed in v14.0.0

Here https://handsontable.com/docs/javascript-data-grid/release-notes/#_14-0-0 you can read more about the changes in this version.