Double click edit not working, strange cell selection

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b10ca1f08>

Hello, I’m having some issues with HandsOnTable not working as expected.

When I initiate HandsOnTable, all data loads in fine and all options set seem to work as expected, but I’m getting some strange behavior with the plugin itself. The main issue is that when I double click a cell, it never switches to edit mode on that cell. I can edit the cell if I have it selected and type a value (will override existing value), or if I press enter or F2 with it selected (will switch to edit mode).

I did some debugging and the plugin isn’t ever even seeing the double click event, but jquery will see the event or if I set up a test double click event, that will trigger as well.

The other issue, is when clicking on cells, sometimes the cell will not select. This seems entirely random, but once it gets in this state, you can’t select the cell you’re trying to with a click no matter what. You must then click a different cell.

I do have a lot of settings I’m using, but these problems are consistent even with just a basic table set up I took from a jsFiddle on this forum

var hot = new Handsontable(container, {
data: Handsontable.helper.createSpreadsheetData(1000, 1000),
colWidths: 100,
width: ‘100%’,
height: 320,
rowHeights: 23,
rowHeaders: true,
colHeaders: true
});

This is what my container looks like

<div id="handsOnTableData_100151845" style="height: 250px; max-height: 250px; overflow-y: auto; overflow-x: hidden;"></div>

I’m using I believe the latest version at this time, 12.2.0

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @ian

Thank you for contacting us. I created a demo basing on your settings and I can’t get the issues you are describing: https://jsfiddle.net/aszymanski/nxcz7tkg/

Are you able to observe them in the demo I sent? Also, what browser and OS do you use?

Thanks for the response @adrian.szymanski!

Nope, I have no issues with the demo you sent, or any other site with HandsOnTable. Works great here, in other js fiddles, and on the handsOnTable site with no issues for me. The only place it doesn’t work is in my implementation of it, and these issues are consistent through anyone that uses our application, so something is wrong on our end, I’m just not sure what!

I’m using Chrome (latest version) and Windows 11.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi @ian

I understand. If you have have a license key, please send it to me at support@handsontable.com so I can check your current support plan. If your support plan covers it, you could send us your application and then we can check it on our side.