dropdownMenu cannot be stretched/expanded to make bigger

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f135f55e758>
  1. Is there a way to adjust the size of dropdownMenu by dragging the edges? We have a dropdownMenu which has texts longer and cannot be read fully when dropdownMenu is opened by clicking on filter button. Can we show the tooltip for such longer texts when we hover onto them?

2. can the dropdownMenu be increased to a bigger size based on the largest content of the dropdownMenu?

thanks

Hi @rohit.parwal

currently, dropdown menu is not adjustable but you can change its width programmatically. Here is a working example http://jsfiddle.net/handsoncode/zxguhohs/

Hi Aleksandra
The settings used here modifies all the columns. I just want to modify only 1 column. Also, only the dropdownMenu box is increased to a bigger size but the content in it is still not completely visible. How do we adjust the size of dropDownMenu as per its content?

thanks

Yes, that is correct @rohit.parwal

unfortunately, there is no way to make filters wider with the current menu structure.

hi Aleksandra,

We have a dropdownMenu which has texts longer and cannot be read fully when dropdownMenu is opened by clicking on filter button. Can we show the tooltip for such longer texts when we hover onto them?

thanks

Hi @rohit.parwal

I’ve searched the old forum topics and maybe this solution will help How to change the width of DropdownMenu?

The link does not open for me. it takes me to handsontable.com home page.

thanks

Oh, OK - maybe cause the issue is closed.

I’ll copy the answer

I have asked our developer for help and he told me that currently, the only way to change the width would be to overwrite the code https://git.handsontable.com/handsontable-dev/handsontable-pro/blob/master/src/plugins/filters/ui/multipleSelect.js#L16118

I still don’t see the actual page. It takes me to handsontable homepage.

Hi @rohit.parwal

then you should be able to find a multipleSelect.js file in Handsontable PRO files. The needed code is at line 161

thanks, this was not what we needed. But we followed similar approached and changed handsontable.full.js file to add title when dropdown element is created. thanks again.

I’m glad that you have found the right approach. Thank you for an update.