Filters filter_by_value dropdown menu size modification

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b19c5d6a8>

When using filters on columns with many unique values I would like to be able to change the size of the dropdown menu by dragging the bottom corner with my mouse like I can in excel. Then I wouldn’t have to keep scrolling to see and select the appropriate filters.
I would also like to be able to set the default max size for the filters scrollbar, for example to show the first 10 items instead of only showing 4 like it does today.
For example in your example https://handsontable.com/examples.html?headers&dropdown-menu&filters#
I would like to be able to manually stretch the dropdown menu for the “Code” column until I could see all filter values ARS-TRY in the window.
I would also like the ability to set it to show the first 10, ARS-IDR when first selecting the dropdown.

Hi @itgroup
Unfortunately the demo you’ve shared is empty but I know what you mean and I think that is it a great idea. The menu would be more user-friendly and easier to use.
I’ll mark this post as a feature request. Thanks for sharing.

I apologize for the bad link. It is now fixed. Thank you for your quick reply.

I’d also like to have the resizing ability for filter menu. Any updates on whether this idea is under implementation?

Hi @RajDev

there an ability change the dropdown menu width but the filters are hardcoded. Here’s a demo http://jsfiddle.net/handsoncode/zxguhohs/

hi there…width works great- any way to edit the height as well?

What you’d like to achieve? Can you share a draft?

i want to improve the usablity in not forcing the customer to scrolll. if the menu would be “longer” he could simply click any option

1 Like

Sorry, the filter menu is not adjustable in this way.

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,
In the sample you shared the width is increased but still fixed. The content can be longer or shorter for each column so it would be better if the popup that opens for filter can be resized by user at run-time.
If that feature is added, it will be helpful for users to read all items in filter popup.

I am sorry, but currently there is no settings that we can use to adjust it to the text.