Firefox blocks scroll bars

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b0fe4b490>

Hi,
I opened an issue on handsontable’s GitHub. I don’t know if it is the good approach.
Here is the link : https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/8817

I didn’t find something similar on both the forum and github. Am I configuring something the wrong way ?

Thank you for your help !

Hi @Trouyt

I just left a comment on that issue. And while testing the code sample on macOS I did not find any differences between Chrome and Firefox.

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,

Thank you for your reply. A friend tried on Linux and it is working as well on both Firefox and Chrome.
I tried with another PC (windows 10) using Firefox and it worked correctly.

Still, when I come back to the 1st PC (windows 10), emptying cache I have the scroll issue as below :
scroll_problem7

edit: Smaller gif which is now animated

edit 2: I tried it on another PC Windows 10 with Firefox and it is not working either.

Can you please provide the Chrome version and system/browser zoom value?
I will ask my colleague to test it on their device providing the same settings.

Hi,

Here is the same code using Windows10/Chrome 94.0.4606.71 (64 bits) zoom is default (100%)
scroll_chrome

Using Firefox I was also on Windows10 and Firefox’s zoom value is default (100%).
I don’t think it is clear enough on the Firefox gif but when I use the wheel, it first resets the vertical and horizontal scroll bar to their initial position. For example, if horizontal scroll bar is 10% on the left, if I use the mouse wheel, horizontal scroll bar will go to 0% (initial position) and move vertical scroll bar.

Hi @Trouyt

I tried a laptop with Windows 10 and the latest Firefox and the issue does not occur. Maybe it is a matter of an external device (mouse/touchpad) or some Firefox addons.

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,

Thank you for your time and reply.
I figured out it is an addons “Logitech SetPoint” which is the source of the issue here. I don’t really understand what is going on using this addon.

The “issue” can be closed I guess.

Thank you for your prompt replies. I’m glad that the issue is solved.
I do not use this plugin but based on the description, it changes the way the mouse and keyboard are used, giving it a flow from Windows XP and Windows 2003. We hadn’t tested Handsontable with those systems (our component was created when everyone was already using Windows 7).