[GH #5112] sortIndex removed in v3 - how to recreate it?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1da1e8e8>

Hi,

sortIndex has been removed in v3 and I have multiple functions using it …
Is there a way to recreate a similar array ?

I’m stuck to v2 because of this …

Thanks for your help

Hi @olivier

The sortIndex method was private (we even did to plcae it in the docs). After we’ve rebuilt the code the sortIndex wasn’t useful anymore.

Can you share a case where you needed it? I think that there should be other API to achieve the same result.

Hi Aleksandra,

It was the easiest way to get back an array with visual/physical indices when multiple rows were added/deleted/moved and when columns sorted.

I guess I can create a loop using toVisualRow method, but it’s a lot of method calls when dealing with large data sets.
If you have something more straightforward, I’m buying …

Hi @olivier

you’re right with the toVisualRow method. It is currently an only way as the whole code has been rewritten. Our developer told me that the sortIndex haven’t always shared the correct results. Especially when filters were enabled.

However, we are planning to add a method that returns the same data after writing a rows mapper. Here is a topic to follow https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/5112

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,

Thanks. I’ll follow this topic.

You are welcome @olivier

I hope that the mapper will be developer soon. It has been designed the way to get all the indexes quickly, easily and without visual/physical confusion.