[GH #6083] Selected text in cell loses text selection when you let go left mouse click

Hi,

I’ve got and problem with full and partial text selection in my handsontable. When you hover mouse on text, right click mouse and select text and then you let go left mouse click, the selected text dissapears. We want it as a feature to allow users to copy selected text. The problem is given in the .giv below.

zaznaczanie

What we want to achieve is to the text to be left selected (marker on blue) and to be able to be copied. Now, when we select text, still keeping the left mouse click, copy with ctrl + c, you can copy the temporaly selected text. But this solution is not intuive. How can this be done?

Our settings:

var ourSettings = {
    rowHeaders: false,
    colHeaders: true,
    fixedRowsTop: 0,
    fixedColumnsLeft: 0,
    autoColumnSize: true,
    stretchH: 'all', // columns streching to full width
    fillHandle: false, // autofilling by drag and drob disabling
    selectionMode: 'multiple', // one cell selections
    editor: false, // editing disabling
    manualColumnFreeze: true,
    fragmentSelection: true,
    beforeKeyDown: function (ev) {
        if (ev.keyCode != 17) {             // Pass CTRL key
            ev.stopImmediatePropagation(); // cell deleting (on DEL keyboard button) disabling
        }
    },
    afterGetColHeader: function (col, th) {
        th.className = 'header-left-align'  // header alignment to left
    },
    beforeOnCellMouseDown: function (event, coords, element) {
        if (coords.row < 0) {
            event.stopImmediatePropagation(); // disable cell selection on header click
        }
    },
    currentRowClassName: 'currentRow', // highlighting whole row
    wordWrap: true,        
    modifyRow: function (row) {
        if (row <= rowFilterCollection.length - 1)
            return rowFilterCollection[row].index; // filtering hidden rows
        return null;
    },
    renderAllRows: true,
    modifyColWidth: function (width, col) {
        if (col === 0) {
            return 150;
        } else if (col >= 1) {
            if (width >= 300)
                return 300;
        }
    }
};

I give also our settings in javascript.

I already tried using fragmentSelection: true and disableVisualSelection: true and it doesn’t work.

Hey @kipic96

The issue is already reported on our Github board https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/6083

I set myself a notification to notify you once we fix it. As it makes the fragmentSelection pretty useless I hope that we will be able to fix it sooner than later.

Ok, thank you.
Is there any workaround we can use now?

The plugin is broken. Unfortunately, I do not see any workaround for now.

Hi @kipic96

I just wanted to let you know that we have just released Handsontable v8.4.0 that fixes the fragment selection issue that we discussed some time ago (reported at https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/6083)

Here’s a full list of changes for the version https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/7998

If you’d have any questions please feel free to send me an email at support@handsontable.com