[GH #7833] Collapsible column not working with hidden column

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d9c06d0> #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d9c0540>

Collapsible column not working with hidden column.

Hi can you give me advise to my problem. I try to expand the collapsed column but it not working properly. does it bugs? please give me advise

https://jsfiddle.net/restika/1uzbsd3p/2/

Hi @restika.r

you use the hook to hide columns while the button that expands the columns shows some of them. Can you tell me what is the desired result?

By default, I understand that all columns are shown (none are hidden) and you want to collapse all the nested headers. However, what should happen when I click the button?

the issue was not with button. the button working fine. but when I extend B column. the C column disappear.

this is expanded without hidden column

but this is expanded with hidden column

this is when I expand B collapsed column(C column disappeared)

I want the hidden column not showing when expand nested header

Thank you for the details. I will investigate the issue and come back at the latest on Monday.

Hi @restika.r

In your example, you hide columns, but you also need to update the nestedHeaders as those headers do not update automatically. That is why when you expand the B column and hide some columns, one of the C data transfers to the B parent column.
You can use the updateSettings method to rearrange the nestedHeaders.

okay, so when I hide column. I need to update nested header because it’s not automatically updated. am i right?

That is correct. This is caused by a bug so please treat that as a workaround.
I am still investigating the bug. If we use hiddenColumns via context menu it works well. However, doing the same via hiddenColumn API fails.
I will update you as soon as I narrow down the case and report it to our official issue board.

Hi @restika.r

I would like to come back to you with the news.

I have consulted our Tech Lead and been notified that the connection of nestedHeaders + collapsibleColumns and hiddenColumns plugins hasn’t been fully tested yet and it may cause some issues.

Here https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/7833 we have an issue report that relates to the connection of those plugins.