Handson table and chosen multiselect fields

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efc65640290> #<Tag:0x00007efc65640150>

I have a data I’m trying to initially load into a handson table. The data loads fine when it’s dropped into a regular handsontable, but I have two custom chosen dropdown renders and they have their own data set for the dropdown values. I need to fill these dropdown fields with initial values, how is that done (the data is coming from project_approver_data)

here’s an example of my columns;

{
        width: 150,
        chosenOptions: {
            data: project_approver_data
        }
      },

{
width: 150,
data: project_approver_data
}
},
{
data: ‘level_1_approvers’,
renderer: customDropdownRenderer,
editor: “chosen”,
width: 200,
multiple: true,
data: L1_approver_data,
}
},

Thanks

Hi @merlin2049er

Can you please send us code demo showing the issue? We will need to see you data object structure and the custom renderer logic along with the custom editor.

pastebin code

Here’s my code so far, I have the last two columns as multiselect columns. I need to figure out how to initially add values to it when loaded. And, need to figure out how to make the ajax call to the rails back end.

Hi @merlin2049er

Thank you for the code, I’ll try to recreate it on my side to see that might be the problem here. Also, I noticed that you have Handsontable 6.2.0 in your example which is quite an old version. The most recent one ie 13.1.0 and I would strongly recommend to upgrade to have access to all the new features and improvements.

Hi @merlin2049er

I have an update here. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to fully recreate your scenario. Would it be possible for you to prepare an example in a chosen sandbox where the problem can be reproduced?

Hi @merlin2049er

This issue hasn’t been updated for a while, so I need to close this.

Please feel free to open a thread if there’s still an issue.