Handsontable causing performance issue

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b2b1732f8>

Hi,

I am using handsontable in my web application inside a collapse section of the page, if the collapse is expanded(handsontable is visible in screen) and I try navigate to another page it loads in 2.54 secs, whereas if the collapse section is closed(hided handsontable in screen) it takes only 1.23 secs, through which I understood that handsontable is consuming more resource, do we have any option to reduce the performance issue with handsontable or can you please suggest me standard procedures so that I can avoid this performance issue.

Thanks,
Bala

Hey Bala,

Can you share a demo or anything that will help me to replicate the issue?

Sorry for the delay response… I tried creating a demo but I can’t able to reflect the same issue in the demo.

Somehow I managed to increase the performance of the application from my end but still I have to increase the performance, so while doing performance test I found that Recalculatestyle, Layout and render are the onlyl 3 methods consuming more time, can you please tell me how can I prevent this method getting executed automatically.

Hey @ebalasubramanian24

I’m happy that you improved the performance. I guess that the crucial changes will came with this fix https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/5769

This looks great :heart_eyes:, I’m waiting for this featured update.

Thank you.

1 Like