How to setup Angular 4/5 to use with Handonstable Pro v1.15

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b19f1c718>

We have been using Handsontable Community Edition with wrapper angular-handsontable with version 1.0.0-beta in our Angular 5 project. But we would like to purchase the Pro version to use features like hiddenRows.

So we having been trying to set it up to evaluate the Pro-version using the Official Documentation and also at this post.

But the setup doesn’t seem to work. Can please send us a sample project on how to setup Angular to use with Handsontable Pro?

Hi @guestuser

Please wait until the version 1.0.0 (stable) is published to test the demo in Angular 5 app. The current version does not do it well, but 1.0.0. has been already tested with Angular 5 and should provide solid fixes.
The version should be published today or on Friday.

I am using the mentioned setup with Angular 5 and it is working fine

But when I use
import { HotRegisterer } from 'angular-handsontable/index';

like you mentioned, instead of default import like

import { HotRegisterer } from 'angular-handsontable';, I am facing an error

Module build failed: Error: D:\Project\node_modules\angular-handsontable\index.ts is missing from the TypeScript compilation. Please make sure it is in your tsconfig via the ‘files’ or ‘include’ property.ms
The missing file seems to be part of a third party library. TS files in published libraries are often a sign of a badly packaged library.

Hi @guestuser

Please try to update to the new version of the wrapper. Released an hour ago. If that won’t help please share a zipped app. I will test it on my local machine.

hi @aleksandra_budnik I am getting undefined when trying to get the instance.getPlugin(“hiddenColumns”),
I am using the wrapper verision (1.0.0-beta4) released here: https://github.com/handsontable/angular-handsontable/releases. I tested with ng2-handsontable and it is working but now we migrated to pro versión and trying to use the last version of the wrapper.
these are the lines I am using to access to the pluging
first I call the HotRegister
import { HotRegisterer } from “angular-handsontable”;
then I create a variable in order to keep the instance
@ViewChild(HotRegisterer) private hotTableComponentPRO: HotRegisterer;
after that I get the instance with this line:
this.hotInstance = this.hotTableComponentPRO.getInstance(“hotReportTable”);

everything is ok at this point, but once I try to get the plugin it returns undefine:
this.plugling = this.hotInstance.getPlugin(“hiddenColumns”);

I am using HandsOnTablePro, Angular 4.4.6, please let me know how to achieve this or will I have to wait till other stable version of the wrapper is released?

thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @ccrsoftwarelicenses

unfortunately, our Angular developer is on a business trip till the end of this week. Can we get back to the subject on next Monday?

Instead of HotRegisterer, try importing HotTableRegisterer