Is there a way to add additional filter options

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b2a13dcf8>

In my table I want to be able to filter based on certain requirements
I’ve added the settings

filters: true,
dropdownMenu: [‘filter_by_condition’, ‘filter_action_bar’],
which adds some of the requirements but lacks the ability to filter based on greater than, or less than, etc.

Is there a way to add those to the existing drop down or a way to create a new filter system which includes them as well as the existing filters, which works in a similar way to the pre-existing one.

The filter operators exist and work with the filtersPlugin.addCondition() method, but I haven’t gotten a system to work well within the drop down menu.

I’m currently using the evaluation license to make sure the table provides the necessary tools.

Thank You.

1. On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Filter.
  2. Click the arrow. in the column header to display a list in which you can make filter choices. Note Depending on the type of data in the column, Microsoft Excel displays either Number Filters or Text Filters in the list.
    MyBPCreditcard

Hi @kyle.trottier

Set of filtering options change for different cell types.

Text cell type (default)

Numeric cell type

Date cell type

Generally, the dropdown menu is fully customizable but the filters module is a set list of rules based on the cell type.

Thanks for the answers, my data must have been input as a string which is why I only see those options.

The default cell value is text (first image).
Here is how the cell date is added https://handsontable.com/docs/date-cell-type/#overview
Let me know if you would need any help.

I think that we can close this topic as there are no further updates.