Nested Rows not retaining State after Update Settings

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d5d3298> #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d5d3108>

Hi Team,
I am using Handsontable in angular. I am facing the below issues in Nested Rows.
Issue 1:
After UpdateSettings, all the nested rows are automatically getting expanded and not maintaining the state.
Issue 2:
If we manually remove a nested row and its children and perform Update Settings, i am facing issue in hasChildren in which the paramater passed is coming as undefined as below.

function hasChildren(row) {
}

in the above library function row is coming as undefined if we remove a nested row and updateSettings. is there any way to overide the hasChildren function adn pass only correct values.

Regards,
Vijay V

Hi @vijayvelchamy.v

While I was testing a demo sent by another Client, I saw a similar case (it was for the loadData() execution. In that case, it happens as the “default” state of the parent is to show the children (to be expanded).

Did you try to use the collapsingUI to collapse the rows and succeed?

Hi @aleksandra_budnik ,

Thanks for your response. For Issue 2, if we remove a parent and its children manually and then perform UpdateSettings. It throws error on hasChildren function as the row object is coming as undefined. can you please provide a suggestion.

Regards,
Vijay V

Could you send a demo with your recent progress @vijayvelchamy.v
You can use this Fiddle for a base https://jsfiddle.net/3ve2qbzL/

Hi @aleksandra_budnik ,

The issue is resolved by doing CollapsingUI.ExpandAll() before manual removal. We can proceed to close this topic.

I’m happy to hear that it works for you.

Thank you for the update.