Reference a cell by it's column name

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1affa1c0> #<Tag:0x00007f8b1aff9f40>

Hi,

I have a use Hot table for react and I want to be able to reference a cell in the table by [@columnName rowNumber] is that possible and I use nested columns, so don’t know if that makes a difference?

Hi @sp1

Thank you for contacting us. I’m not sure if I understood your requirements correctly. Do you have any code reference so far?

Hi @adrian.szymanski,

Thank you for the reply.

Right now I’m referencing a cell by doing =A1+B1. Column A is called ‘humanyear’ and column B.’'dogYear". So I would like to reference the cell by doing =[@humanyear1 + @dogYear1] or something similar. Because it’s difficult to tell which cell is H, when all the columns are named. Does it make sense?

Hi @sp1

Thank you for the explanation. I think the closest what we currently have to achieve something like this are named expressions implemented within formulas engine (HyperFormula). You can read more about it here:

https://hyperformula.handsontable.com/guide/named-expressions.html#examples

Let me know if that meets your requirement.

Okay, but then I would have to add a named expression for each and every row I would like to do it, right?

Yes, that’s correct. At the moment that’s the only API available method to do such references.

Okay, that doesnt rellay meeet my requirements tbh

I understand. I can recommend to submit a feature request for such functionality on our GitHub.