Remove Rows with htInvalid class Errors

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b09fdf438>

After my table has gone through validations, cells with invalid data have a red background. I am not using any custom renderers. The default class, htInvalid is what is being used to set the invalid cells red. So for example, a cell that only accepts numeric types, will turn red if a letter is input into that cell. That is working as planned; however, whenever I use the context menu to remove a row that has invalid data, the cell that was once below the invalid cell, now has a red background. It is as if the htInvalid class is losing track of the actual row when a row is deleted. This is confusing, because the user believes that when they delete a row with invalid information, that the next row beneath the row that was removed, is now invalid.

After a remove a row, do I need to execute validations again? Or is there a way for the table to keep track of rows w/wo errors when using the context menu remove row?

Thank you very much for sharing this issue @lhs224

That is a regression which has been produced in v 5.0.2
I have reported the issue as a critical one to our CTO. I have asked him to schedule the fix as soon as possible.

I will surely let you know when we push an official fix for it.

Hey @lhs224

we’ve fixed the issue https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/5674

Please update to v6.2.2 and let me know if it works for you.

Hello Aleksandra,

Sorry it took me so long to reply; albeit, I blame the holidays and being out of work for the past couple of weeks. =)

I just updated to version 6.2.2 and the fix works like a charm!

Thank you so much for getting this done. I really do appreciate your help!!

Happy New Years

that’s a long vacation :slight_smile:

ps. I’m glad that it works for you. Happy New Year!