Showing/Hiding columns with nested headers doesn't work in IE

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b25eaadf0>

Hi,

I am facing very odd issue: I have a handsontable instance that has columns per year, and above it nested header.

Also, I have a list of checkboxes per year, so when I click on checkbox I can show/hide columns in table.
In chrome, it works perfect. In IE, when I click on checkbox, header is not nested anymore (there is on colspan attribute in html anymore), but content is not properly hidden (rows are visible).

Afterwards, an exception occurs with mesage Invalid argument, and table is not working anymore.

Before:

After:

How I love IE :slight_smile:
Hm… please check if adding autoColumnSize: true and viewportColumnRenderingOffset: 10 solves the issue.

Hi Aleksandra,

Nope, it’s same as before. Even stranger for me is that same thing works on other tab (wtf)

It’s absolutely critical for us that solution works in IE

BR
Marko

I guess that the only way for me to help you is to get any demo where this issue can be replicable.

Hi Aleksandra,

I made some demo here:

http://jsfiddle.net/jcpLkrfo/

Unfortunately, I wan unable to try it in IE. But it’s just an ilustration what I am trying to do.
I am using it withing Angular 4 project, but plain javascript plugin,not Angular wrapper.

BR
Marko

I am sorry but the following demo doesn’t work on Chrome as well. Or maybe it lacks some methods/callbacks?

Everything is in place, but seems so that jsfiddle does not recognize onclick function for button (which is there already)

You can create a .zip and send me at support@handsontable.com if that would allow us to replicate the issue

Hi Aleksandra,

I figured out what was the problem. One column was missing in my nested headers configuration.

Although, it’s strange that it was working in chrome even with wrong configuration :smiley:

You can close this issue.

Best regards
Marko

1 Like

I’m happy to hear that the issue is gone :slight_smile:
I’m closing the issue