TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'highlight')

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efc61a11080> #<Tag:0x00007efc61a10f40>

I’m getting this error “TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘highlight’)” when i set “disableVisualSelection={false}” to disable user selection

@aleksandra_budnik

Hi @joel.roy

It seems that the indexMapper is involved in this error. I do not see any report on our GitHub board for the following error, so it makes me belive that the issue is related to the implementation itself.

Here https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/blob/f26cb8ecdc5260a4d04462213d537b087783e394/handsontable/src/selection/highlight/visualSelection.js#L151 is the following method that cannot is being blocked from the execution (based on the error message).

The best way to check why this issue occurs would be to debug a replicable demo. However, if you cannot share your application code please look for

• anything that is index-related (custom sorting, filtering, hiding mechanisms)
  • data manipulation and display
  • custom meta data changes like borders, comments, or use of the setCellMeta() method

Hi @joel.roy

I believe that we can close the thread, as there has been no update for nearly 3 weeks.

However, if you need anything regarding this or other case please feel free to open a new thread.