Vuejs chrome extension TypeError (cursor.js:76)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa98e792a68>

I’m trying to use the vuejs version of handsontable in a chrome extension and the usage example in github seems to work just fine until I try to add/use contextMenu or dropdownMenu. I’m using this boilerplate.

Uncaught TypeError: Right-hand side of 'instanceof' is not callable
at Cursor.getSourceType (cursor.js:76)

"@handsontable/vue": "^4.1.1",
"handsontable": "^7.4.2",
"vue": "^2.6.10",
00:53:58.569 cursor.js:76 Uncaught TypeError: Right-hand side of 'instanceof' is not callable
    at Cursor.getSourceType (cursor.js:76)
    at new Cursor (cursor.js:34)
    at Menu.setPosition (menu.js:490)
    at DropdownMenu.open (dropdownMenu.js:350)
    at DropdownMenu.onTableClick (dropdownMenu.js:453)
    at HTMLDivElement.eval (dropdownMenu.js:322)
    at HTMLDivElement.callbackProxy (eventManager.js:73)
getSourceType @ cursor.js:76
Cursor @ cursor.js:34
setPosition @ menu.js:490
open @ dropdownMenu.js:350
onTableClick @ dropdownMenu.js:453
eval @ dropdownMenu.js:322
callbackProxy @ eventManager.js:73

00:54:01.616 cursor.js:76 Uncaught TypeError: Right-hand side of 'instanceof' is not callable
    at Cursor.getSourceType (cursor.js:76)
    at new Cursor (cursor.js:34)
    at Menu.setPosition (menu.js:490)
    at ContextMenu.open (contextMenu.js:315)
    at ContextMenu.onAfterOnCellContextMenu (contextMenu.js:441)
    at Core.eval (contextMenu.js:240)
    at Hooks.run (pluginHooks.js:1971)
    at Core.runHooks (core.js:3905)
    at Object.onCellContextMenu (tableView.js:545)
    at Settings.getSetting (settings.js:167)

Hi @paakkoj

First of all, vue-web-extension is not our extension.
So it’s hard for me to say the source of this error.

Nevertheless, it would be great if you could share a demo where the issue is replicable.
I’ll try to help.

Right, I just mentioned the boilerplate to make sure I include all relevant information because I was under the impression this error had to do with using vue-handsontable inside a Chrome extension. Turns out it was not. I started making an example project and surprise surprise, the barebones example worked just fine.

I traced the issue to a very ambiguously named event bus that I was using global.Event = new Vue();. Renaming it resolved the errors.