Bug in getSelected() in afterOnCellCornerDblClick hook

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b188d59c8>

I do not understand how the getSelected function works in the afterOnCellCornerDblClick hook.
I get that it returns a list of 4 elements corresponding to the first row, first column, last row and last column selected. And usually, it works well.

My issue happens when doing the following :

• I select a single cell in column with only zeroes, on the left of a column with non-zero numbers
  • I double-click on the cell corner
    Then, the first and last row returned by getSelected() are not the same !

If the column on the right is composed of only zeroes, there is no issue.

On this jsfiddle for instance : https://jsfiddle.net/opsy3zb9/5/ if you select the A3 cell, you get [2, 0, 4, 0] instead of (I would assume) [2, 0, 2, 0].
But when you select the A6 cell, you get the expected [5, 0, 5, 0]. Empirically, I observed that it’s ok for the A6 cell, because the B column has only zeroes for the cells under the 6th row

Am I missing something here ?

Thank you for sharing this issue. @gregoire.spiers

That’s an interesting one, and I have to admit that I am also amazed that this db-click on the corner selects one cell, but in some cases, more than one. I will investigate the subject and come back to you as soon as I get any crucial details about this behavior being planned or called a bug.

1 Like

Thank you you patience. From my checks, it seems that

• we are missing a huge part of the documentation for autofill [created a report to fill that for the cell corner db-click action]
  • we should fix the issue with 0 being treated as a lack of value

Currently, we base our calculations on

I will update you as soon as we fix the 0-value bug for autofill. Till that time, if there is ay scenario you need to cover, I can help with a workaround.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, we used a workaround, it slightly degraded one of our features, but it’s still largely acceptable.
I’d love to get the update when the fix is live, though !

Hi @gregoire.spiers

we already have a fix for this issue at https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/pull/10817

I will update you upon release.

Hi @gregoire.spiers

it’s today! We just launched Handsontable v14.2.0 where this issue is fixed.