Disable afterchange hook inside afterchange function

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b3b9c0db0>

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to disable the afterchange hook. I want to do this because i want to avoid the infinite loop when I use the setDataAtCell method. I have already tried to change source in the setDataAtcell method to avoid the execution of the code inside afterchange method, and it works. But the source of the setDataAtcell only blocks the logic in the hook with a if and stills trigger the hook afterchange. I want to know if I can disable the hook so it doestn triggers anymore.

Hi @hnz70586

you should add the 4th parameter to the setDataAtCell function and then exclude it the afterChange hook. Here’s an example https://jsfiddle.net/fsv1u72c/1/ But you already know that. Currently there’s no way to block the hook itself.

Ok, so I can’t disable the hook. But, is there a way to remove the hook from and hot object and then add it again?

Sorry, this hook controls all the content changes in the table. If you’d like to block it some way you’d need to change the source code of the application. However, this results with a lack of support for further versions of Handsontable.