Dropdown filter problem

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efc644e1f58> #<Tag:0x00007efc644e1dc8>

Hi,

We have a problem with missing functionality in “filter by value” in the filter dropdown. When you open the filter dropdown all “filter by value” values are by default checked. Our customer would like them to be unchecked by default, and considers the filtering in its current state almost useless and a blunder to use.

I have seen solutions to this problem in Handsontable version 13 and below, but as we are using 14.1.0 there does not appear to be any current solution. Do you have any ideas or workarounds in the current 14 version? If not, is there any possibility of this functionally being added to a not-so-distant future update?

Example of the code: https://jsfiddle.net/3abr5et6/1/

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Jose Luis

Hi @jlsuarezcabrera

The solution you mentioned was using private API and a lot of changes has been made to it in v. 14.0 due to the accessibility upgrades. It also wasn’t perfect as it cleared the list each time someone opened the dropdown menu. I’ll try to look for other approach and get back to you after the weekend.

Hi @jlsuarezcabrera

So far I wasn’t able to find anything to replace this workaround, but we’ll keep looking.

This issue is the same as Select all filters by default where we also did not find a workaround for this functionality.