Dropdown Overlaps

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b025f8390>

Hello,

Is there a way to configure dropdown cell to not overlap on the other column? It looks like this:

Can we adjust the width of the dropdown?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

HI @eabardies

that should not happen. Here https://jsfiddle.net/045xtvzd/6/ is the default behavior of a dropdown cell type.

dropdown

It seems that the CSS of Handsontable was changed, or you use a custom cell type.

Can you share the code you use for that cell/column?

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,

Thank you for the quick response. I will take a look on this and get back to you.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @aleksandra_budnik,

Upon checking, looks like the width of the dropdown takes the length of the longest value of the source. Here’s the settings of the handsontable:

The type is dynamic based on the value received may it be dropdown, multiOptions, etc…

Is there a way to make the width of dropdown selection panel fixed with the size of the column?

Well, the multiOptions is not a built-in cell type in Handsontable. And by default, any default cell type you choose is taking the maximum available space. Unless you use colWidths (which I see that you use with a variable called columnWidth).

Hi @eabardies

I’m closing the topic as there are no further updates. But if you would have any questions or stubbled issues please send me an email at support@handsontable.com