Force editor when pasting invalid value

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b0b4092d8>

I am attempting to allow users to paste text into a cell that cannot be the same as any other cell in the column. I have properties of the cells in that column set to allowInvalid: true, and the validate function seems to return the proper boolean. If I just edit the cell, and enter a duplicate name, it locks me into the editor. Can I force the cell into edit mode if the validator fails when they paste?

Hey @farrells

Can you share the current progress via JSFiddle and some examples of input/output data?

Aleksandra,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have created a similar example below:
https://jsfiddle.net/webchaos/rbyLjt8q/15/

The validation for the first column will only allow the string ‘test’. I am moving back and forth between allowInvalid true and false as I like parts of both. I like when editing that false forces the user to stay in the cell, but I like true for pasting because it accepts the value.

I want something in between where it would not accept the new value but force the user into the editor of the field if they paste invalid data.

I want something in between where it would not accept the new value but force the user into the editor of the field if they paste invalid data.

I have to say that it is hard for me to imagine. It is like allowInvalid: false with a red background? Also you can usually paste data to more that one cell - what then? Handsontable can have only one editor opened.

We ended up going with a validation inside the beforeChange event, and if the value is not unique, overwriting the value with a datetime stamp. Thanks, you can close this ticket

Thank you for the update. I keep my fingers crossed for the progress.