[GH #1841] "Remove rows" function doesn't correctly remove all data

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1cc2d2e8> #<Tag:0x00007f8b1cc2d1a8>

Hi,

When selecting multiple rows and using the “Remove row” function (right-click menu), the data is not always cleared correctly.

Steps to reproduce:

1. In the below JSFiddle example, select rows 9 to 13
  2. Right-click and select the Remove Row option
  3. Observe that cells E9 and E10 are not empty.

Additional note: On double-clicking cells E9 or E10 to inspect/edit their contents, it appears they contain formulas, but relating to different row.

https://jsfiddle.net/tgbqnarm/3/

Although we have not tested every scenario extensively, it seems that this issue only occurs when a) the rows contain formulas, and b) the multiple rows’ selection includes the last row of the table.

We are an existing customer and this is creating issues in our live product environment. For the moment we have added some custom logic to solve the problem but this is adding additional overheads so it would be great if this could be fixed.

Thanks,
Blake

Hi @blake.gilchrist

Thank you for reporting this. I checked and we haven’t such an issue reported yet. I alse checked your example and it seems that it’s caused by minRows option when the Formulas plugin is active. I’ll report it internally for further investigation and get back to you as soon, as I have any updates.

Thanks Adrian. Yes, sorry - forgot to mention that it seems to only occur when using minRows combined with Formulas. Please keep us posted once you’ve investigated further.

Hi @blake.gilchrist

Thank you. Of course, I’ll keep you updated.

Hi Adrian. Do you have any updates on this? Thanks.

Hi @blake.gilchrist

Not yet, I’ll update you once it gets on our roadmap.