[GH #5125] Autofill drag and drop is not working with merged column

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b28d0f678> #<Tag:0x00007f8b28d0f4e8>

When try to drag the cell values in merged columns its not pasting the values.

Hi @abhilash.keerampara

Is this https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/issues/5125 is the scenario that you have? If not please share the demo and steps to replicate the issue.

Its the same issue

Thank you for the prompt update. I will make sure to send you a message once we fix it.

HI Aleksandra,
Can you help me with the ETA for this fix?
-Abhilash

Hi @abhilash.keerampara

this issue is connected to our ticket on email #32957, where we still wait for your feedback.

So are you confirming this will get fixed in your latest version. ? As per the email, my understanding is you will be making the changes to persist the merge logic while copying from Excel to Handsonetable. is that correct?

@abhilash.keerampara In my previous email, I have outlined two different options that we can consider.

The first option is to fix the issue in a way that ensures it works smoothly with both Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel, aligning it with the requirements of these projects. This solution would bring about compatibility and help us move forward.

The second option is to propose a customized solution that specifically caters to your needs. However, in order to proceed with this option, we would require additional feedback and input from your side. Your insights would be valuable in tailoring the solution to best suit your requirements.

Please take your time to review the options and let me know your thoughts. I am here to assist you and address any concerns you may have. Together, we can find the best way forward.

ps. I recommend switching to our opened email ticket, as then it is easier to track the progress on the single task.