Handsontable not refreshing with the latest data

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b23db66f8>

Hi Team,

Need your help on the below scenario.

I have handsontable Grid in the parent page having 15-20 columns and first column being checkbox and second column being an ID with the icon next to it.

Onclick of the icon in the second column I am passing the ID to the API to get the data. If the users checks multiple checkbox then I am passing multiple IDs to get the data for the selected IDs.

The I am opening a Modal Popup to bind the Data to a handsontable having different DIV id as in the parent page. Now the data binds correctly (for example have got 4 records from API) as per the data retrieved from the API.

I have a close button to the popup and the user closes the Pop up. next time when i select more check boxes and got the data from API (for example now i got 6 records from API). Now the the data is still binding 4 records to the Grid and the latest data is not getting updated to the handsontable.

while checking in the console for ht.getdata it has the old 4 records but not the latest data. is there a way to refresh the data properly.

My bind code looks like below

$(myCldGridId).handsontable({
data: data,
columns: myCol,
colHeaders: getHeaders(),
filters: true,
dropdownMenu: [‘filter_by_condition’, ‘filter_action_bar’], // define filter menu
afterFilter: validAfterFilter,
renderAllRows: true,
hiddenColumns: { columns: [0] }
});

I tried creating new handsontable everytime while loading modal pup-up but that created new duplicate div in DOM everytime. hence I tried to destroy on close but the the previews classes to the DIV are getting cleared.

Need your help if there any suggestion on this scenario

Thanks,
Chandrakanth

Hi @chandup83

The subject sounds complicated to clearly define the problem and offer the solution without a demo.
So I would like to help you with that, but I will need a working demo first.

Hi @chandup83

what’s the progress on this topic? Have you had time to replicate the issue in JSFiddle?

@aleksandra_budnik, I understand my issue has lot of things to be done as part of creating a mock, however i was able to fix this and thanks for your response.

Just want to know if handsontable.clear() works with all the verisons of handsontable?
https://handsontable.com/docs/7.4.2/Core.html#clear

Yes, it works now, and will work in the next version (https://jsfiddle.net/vtka8q4h/4/ 8.0.0-beta2-rev20).

however i was able to fix this and thanks for your response.

Thank you for the update.