Highlighting rows of invalid cells dynamically

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d6acc00>

Hi, We have a requirement for highlighting rows if it contains an invalid cell. Say we have a cell which requires a number but it gets text, then that whole row needs to be highlighted. Currently im able to highlight one particular cell, would be helpful if you can suggest a way to highlight the whole row. Thansk

Hi @eandrew4738

Generally, in Hadsontable validator runs per cell. So if you’d like to highlight more cells I recommend attaching a custom className via afterValidate hook. Did you already try that?

Do you have an example code that i can take a look at. Thanks.

Sure. Here you go https://jsfiddle.net/oehLp548/2/

And to alter the cell that is red, you can overwrite the CSS of the .handsontable .htInvalid class.

1 Like

Thanks you so much.

If you dont mind, do you have any suggestions or examples.

1. To load a table faster coz i have 5000+ datas and currently the table takes aroound 5+ seconds to load. The way im doing is creating an empty data and then loading the table with the tables i get from an API. If you have better idea it would be useful

2. To Have a search bar outside the table along with page pagination.

3. Any way to filter(from button event outside the table) rows that have validation error and rows that are valid.

Generally, 5000 cells should not cause a 5-second delay. It could be caused by

• heavy logic on the front-end
  • delayed comeback from the server
  1. To Have a search bar outside the table along with page pagination.

Pagination should be done on the server, as currently, we do not have such a mechanism. A search bar outside the table can be found here https://handsontable.com/docs/javascript-data-grid/searching-values/

1. Any way to filter(from button event outside the table) rows that have validation error and rows that are valid.

I can also suggest using the afterValidate hook. Then you store the !isValid index of a row in an array and then run the hideRows() method from the hiddenRows plugin.