Internet Explorer Problem in v1.15.1

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0b025baae0>

Hi @aleksandra_budnik. I’m facing another issue in internet explorer. Im getting the console error "Cannot redefine non configurable property ‘fromCodePoint’ ". How can i get it fixed?

Hi @arunkumarresidentevi

I see that fromCodePoint variable name is used in the webpack settings.

Can you share a demo where this issue can be replicable? Have you tried to update the software to v 2.0.0 (latest)?

It is reproducing in v2.0.0 also. I’ll share the demo shortly. @aleksandra_budnik

Thank you for checking that.

You can try to simplify the demo. In most cases when we simplify it we find the cause of the issue.

Hi @aleksandra_budnik. I found the cause of issue. We have implemented the default behaviour of fromCodePoint and modified the configurable as false for security purposes. The implementation is similiar to this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/fromCodePoint. May i know why we have reimplemented in handsontable and if i remove it, it will cause any problems or if i remove it, what are all be affected and if the affected part is not used in my modules, then i can remove it now and change it properly in future.

Is this issue been resolved? How could we use the property String.fromCodePoint in IE. Any solutions?

Hi @balasubramani

a few hours before @arunkumarresidentevi shared his solution. I thought that it’s something project related but it seems it’s not. If there’s anything not well structured in Handsontable for IE handling please let me know.

Hi @aleksandra_budnik. I think I’ve conveyed it wrong. We have implemented the fromCodePoint function which is similar to this link “https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/fromCodePoint”. Whether the one we have implemented differs from the handsontable implementation? Can I remove it?. Since handsontable is loaded based on requirement not in the entire project.

Sorry, I’ve understood it wrong. I’ve asked my colleague to check that.

Hi @arunkumarresidentevi @balasubramani

Can you share any demo that I can use to replicate the issue? I am not able to replicate it

I believe that we can close the topic as there is no demo or reply for a long time now.