Page Jumps to top on click on dom

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1d29aba8>

Today we upgraded handsontable to latest version (11.0.1). Everything is loading fine but on click of page we are facing issue. Page jumps to top if I click anywhere on page.
I got to know its an Handsontable issue after checking in eventListeners. That points to
function callbackProxy(event) {
callback.call(this, extendEvent(event));
}
in handsontable.full.js

Please help me here and thanks in advance

Hi @nihalshetty48

If you could please share a code demo, it would be really helpful for us to better understand the issue.

Its actually a big business project which is being used and running from last 5 years. So not sure which part of the code I need to send.
To be clear we were using 0.27.0 version till now and directly jumped to 11.0.1.
No issues on anything but only that page jumps to top of dom if I click anywhere.

Is there any known issues like this?
Or else let me know which part of the code I need to share.

For start it would be great if we can see your configuration object for Handsontable. Change from 0.27.0 to 11.0.1 it’s a pretty big step as there’s a lot of changes between those two versions. You can also check the changelog for all releases here: https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable/releases.

Let’s start with that code sample, maybe we’ll be able to figure it out from here.

Hi @nihalshetty48

That’s is what I call an upgrade! I’m more than happy to hear that there’s the only thing missing to keep everything working.

I think that this issue can be related to a change in v1.9 as it sounds similiar to the case of our other Customer. What he does to avoid those issues is to comment out the following line

instance.view.wt.wtOverlays.updateMainScrollableElements();

from the source package of the handsontable.full.js file. We haven’t made a full review yet so the issue is not reported on Github. But if that would also work for you then we need to report it as soon as possible and provide a solid fix.

If that won’t help. As @adrian.szymanski mentioned we would need to have a way to debug the issue to specify what is causing it. So any demo, where the issue can be reproducible would help.

I assume that we can close this ticket as there’s no reply for nearly a month.

Please contact us at support@handsontable.com if you still need guidance.