Performance issue in 6.2.2 version

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b2b10f500>

Hi,

I’ve used Handsontable in 2-3 places till now but facing performance issues in the latest one that too with few 100 records. The latest one has almost all combinations like:

1. Total 36 columns
  2. 13 frozen columns
  3. 7 hidden columns
  4. 12 numeric columns with numeric validator
  5. 9 dropdown columns with short lists not more than 25 items per dropdown
  6. Enable/disable logic for 4 columns in cells function
  7. Moderate styling done using css. No conditional formattings.

So 2 issues mainly:

1. While loading data into Handsontable,
  2. Scroll is like stuck and go in several places.

I’ve tried most of the solutions mentioned in forum like settings col and row height, viewportRowRenderingOffset, viewportColumnRenderingOffset.

I wanted to check if I’m doing something wrong or is it because of such combination of settings. I checked with 200 records and still loading and scrolling are poor. Surprisingly previous version Handsontable (5.0.0) with 24K records works without any such perf issues and scrolling is also smooth.

I haven’t upgraded from 6.2.2 as our Pro support ended last year.

Thanks,
Raj

Hey @RajDev

without the active Support plan I am not able to proceed with the code review to check what causes performance issues in your application.
Would you like to consider purchasing such a plan?

Hi Aleksandra,

I’m checking with my supervisor regarding this but might take some time. If I can show this POC successfully, it would speed up the process.
Without code review, can you shed some light on how to improve performance with the info I provided?

Regards,
Raj

You can check if you have met all the tips from this tutorial https://handsontable.com/docs/7.4.2/tutorial-performance-tips.html
ps. if you’d want to proceed with the support plan please send me an email to support@handsontable.com

Thanks Aleksandra, posted here after trying tips in that link. As I keep removing the settings like maxRows, viewportRowRenderingOffset, the load improves but removing viewportRowRenderingOffset makes scrolling choppy for just 185 records with 36 columns.

I’ll mail once I get update regarding extension of support.

Thank you for the update.