Run funcions after large setdataAtcell Changes array into different Hot instances

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b266183d0>

Hello everyone,… looking for some help/suggestions
Just asking what could be the best way to achieve this, on the scenario that I have an instance of Hot with formulas that update with a calculation of a range from a second instance of Hot, (e.g. cells with the result of COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP etc.) as I add rows to one instance, I need to update the range criteria on the formulas of the second Hot instances, but as I do that, I cannot update the formulas in the cells, until the process of inserting the new rows and their data is complete as I would get out of range error…, so how can I set an await for the setDataAtcell from one Hot to a second Hot, is there something like await SetDataAtCell ?.. my work around was implementing a setTimeout loop to check for an ID on the last row of the recently modify Hot, but it does not seem to be an efficient approach…

Hi @adonisbriceno

There is no built-in delay/wait for this function. However, maybe you can use some callbacks between those tables.
I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Please tell me what action should end from table 1 to reset new ranges for table 2?

Hot1 have columns with a formula based on Hot2 values, assuming Hot2 has 20rows the formulas at Hot1 will be ‘=COUNTIF(Hot2!Q1:Q20,C1)’
when I insert lets say 10 more lines into Hot2,… now the COUNTIF criteria of the formula should be
‘’=COUNTIF(Hot2!Q1:Q30,C1)’’
So on a function that inserts the new rows into Hot2, I have a follow up function that updates the cells of Hot1 with the new range for the COUNTIF formula… this update of Hot1 is done with an Array on changes using SetDataAtCell, but it results on “Uncaught Error: Range does not exists”

Thank you for the details.

As I assume you use the afterCreateRow hook for the hot2 instance and then pass setDataAtCell as follows

where the value of countRows() method generated after adding new rows equals the value for the COUNTIF range.

1 Like

Hi Alek,… thanks for your reply,… your suggestion using that syntax fix the issue.
BTW,… on my basic plan says that I have one hour of support time,… how does this work? where can I find info about it,… I bouth the licence like a year ago, and did not even know that this was available.

Hi @adonisbriceno

Based on point 8.1.2 from the General Terms document, you have been granted a Basic Coverage for 1 year after purchasing the license.
ref https://handsontable.com/static/licenses/v4.1/handsontable-general-terms.pdf

The following point states that

The Basic Coverage is available from Monday to Friday, excluding Polish public
holidays, between 08:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central European Time (“Business
Hours”), and comprises:
a) 1 hour of technical support via email (support@handsontable.com);
b) access to Handsoncode forum at https://forum.handsontable.com; and
c) access to all Major, Minor, and Patch Releases

And the scope of the technical support for the Basic plan is limited by the following point 8.1.3, which states

In particular, the Basic Coverage does not include programming.

So you can request for

• guidance
  • information about the product and its versions
  • best practices to use Handsontable

However, once you would like to request for

• code review
  • performance check
  • bug check
  • custom code samples

you would need to upgrade to a higher support plan.

If you have any further questions please let me know.