setCellMeta not applying className on render()

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efc602d9cf0> #<Tag:0x00007efc602df718>

Hey guys, I’m trying to validate my entire table. My validation function looks at the first 4 columns of each row and verifies that if one cell has a non-null value they all do. The function works well, but when it tries to apply a className htInvalid using setCellMeta and then re-render there’s no class names applied. No error is thrown. Here’s a minimal working example:

https://codepen.io/utnuc/pen/eYawdLx

Using 8.3.2.

Hi @bensmith.md

This problem is caused by the fact that this class is assigned by default to the in-built validators. I think there might be another approach to your problem. Did you consider creating a custom validator that will check this condition? If not, you can use any other custom CSS class that will change the background color. I tried with your red class, and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply, Adrian.

If I change the class name to something different the problem persists. I don’t need validation on every cell change, it only needs to be programmatically triggered before submitting a POST.

@bensmith.md

I can’t fork your example, but when I changed the className from htInvalid to this in both instances:

hot.setCellMeta(row, col, 'className', 'red')

And I try to validate the cells on button click it seems to work correctly. It changes the background color to red when non-null value is present in any cell and it clears it when there is no value.

Oh, snap. You’re totally right. Thanks!!

No problem, I’m glad the issue is solved :slight_smile: In this case I will close this topic.