Trouble Unselecting Rows in Handsontable

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b1ccf7930> #<Tag:0x00007f8b1ccf77a0>

I’m encountering an issue with Handsontable in our project. Despite its fantastic features, I’ve run into a challenge regarding the unselection of rows. After reviewing the documentation, it seems that Handsontable doesn’t provide a specific method for deselecting rows.

Our project requires the ability to select single or multiple rows and perform operations on them. However, I need assistance in implementing the functionality to unselect rows dynamically. Is there an alternative method or custom approach that can fulfill this requirement?

I appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community. If you need more details about our current implementation or versions used, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hi @rupeshfend

Cells deselection is on our roadmap for Q1/2024 but yes, currently the deselection happens to all of the cells, you cannot pick one or two from the range.

Can you tell me a bit more about the requirements? Is the user clicking on the row header to select the row? If so, maybe we could re-attach a new selection set if they are still holding CMD/CTRL key and click the same row index that is already selected. Does that sound like a good plan?