Formulas support

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8b28ec82a8>

Formulas used to work. I am now running 0.28.4 and I need to have formulas working again. I see multiple projects involving ruleJS and formula

How do I include formula in the latest version?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Pascal

I’m afraid that — at least as it stands at present — if you are using the Free version (as I do) then formulas have been removed, and for the Paid they are (apparently) supposed to be there but do not work. Gulp :frowning:

See my discussions with @aleksandra_budnik on that topic, in After Loading format currency and No afterSetCellMeta event when a comment is created (1.8.1), amongst others…

I know they were removed somewhere at or after 0.26.0. You need to revert to something like 0.25.1 (which is what I use) if you still want formulas.

The last I heard from @aleksandra_budnik was that maybe the devs have had a change of heart and formulas might be reintroduced at a later date into Free after all (see specifically No afterSetCellMeta event when a comment is created (1.8.1)). Feel free to advise him if, like me, you think formulas really must be in a “spreadsheet” component, even a free version…

Hi @pdemilly
I fully agree with @jon here.
However like I wrote in #858 the process can take some time as in the proper way we would need to fix the PRO formulas and then make them open in the free version.

Hello @aleksandra_budnik I am wondering if there are any updates to the implementation of formulas. Or about this topic in general?

Sorry, but I do not have any updates. We are waiting for a feedback from external team that declared to help us with the new formula core.